Improvements in HTML2WordML for the insertion of HTML into a Word document (v2.5.3)
HTML2WordML is the class used internally by PHPDocX to handle the embedding of HTML into a Word document (see, for example, the API documentation for the embedHTML and replaceTemplateVariableByHTML methods).
Since version 2.5.3 we have introduced several improvements regarding:
- The implementation of CSS styles into Word that now covers practically the whole standard.
- The generation of headings out from HTML titles so that they may be included automatically in the Table of Contents of the generated Word document.
- The possibility to include tables which headers repeat over consecutive pages whenever the table splits.
- Improved HTML filtering through the new filter option that allows to use different CSS selectors.
- Better management of ordered lists.
- Correction of minor bugs.
Of course, this is an ongoing process that also depends on the feedback that our users offer us requesting new features or pointing out minor bugs in the library.
March 4, 2013We are happy to announce the release of PHPDocX v3.2. This new version includes some important changes that greatly improve the PHPDocX...
February 6, 2013Since v3.0 we have included the notion of Word (or WordML) fragments to simplify the process of creating sophisticated Word documents from scratch...
January 31, 2013We are happy to announce the release of PHPDocX v3.1 This new version includes quite a few new features that you may find interesting: It is now...
January 8, 2013We have just released PHPDocX v3.0. This new version includes substantial changes that have required that this new version were not fully backwards...
December 21, 2012Although one can easily introduce real checkboxes in a Word document generated by PHPDocX via the embedHTML method (just include the corresponding...