Forum

Replies: 2   Views: 4088
Embedhtml images not downloading
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by Kenny.Eliason  · 08-12-2016 - 23:57

I am grabbing some HTML from template files and using embedHTML($contents, [ 'isFile' => false, 'downloadImages' => true]); to pass the generated html to phpdocx. However, the generated word doc does not display the images from my img tags. The images are not publicly accessible images (you can't access them from the browser) but this shouldn't be an issue (the image gets pulled in correctly if I manually add it to the doc using addImage, but this won't work for me because I need to display inline images within the html). I have tried using the absolute path in the filesystem, guessed all sorts of relative paths (I noticed the addImage function uses my public folder as the base path), but no luck.

I am using version 3.7 pro+

Posted by admin  · 09-12-2016 - 14:12

Hello,

The embedHTML method needs that the images are public to download them. This method doesn't use the same way to get and images than addImage.

Regards.

Posted by Kenny.Eliason  · 09-12-2016 - 23:34

I figured it out. I had to prepend the absolute system path with 'file://' and it worked after that.