Forum

Replies: 2   Views: 2597
Adding character styles
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by ironinthesoul  · 28-01-2017 - 11:31

Is there any way to add a character style to a phpDocx Word document and apply that style to inline text?

I am successfully creating paragraph styles (pStyle) and that's not what I want. Just a style that covers some characters within a paragraph.

I've looked through all the documents, tutorlial and examples and can't find anything.

Posted by admin  · 29-01-2017 - 09:15

Hello,

The current version of phpdocx doesn't allow to manage the Word attribute to set character styles dynamically. We recommend you to use placeholders to set and change styles of inline text when working with templates or use the available options when creating the documents from scratch or when working with WordFragments.

Regards.

Posted by ironinthesoul  · 30-01-2017 - 09:22

Thank you. I am already able to set the properties on inline text and the document looks fine. Sadly, my client requires some character styles to be set for consistent collaborating on the Word documents when they've been generated. It would be a really excellent feature to have if we could. Thanks again for your help.