phpdocx v9 release notes
- Mar 05, 2019
Today we are happy to release phpdocx 9, the new major version of the library. phpdocx 9 is already available for you to download.
Once again, we have included many great features in order to impulse your business and projects. Here is the full list:
- HTML extended: call phpdocx methods from custom HTML tags to add headers, footers, comments, page number, TOC, WordFragments and many other contents (Premium licenses only).
- Tracking support: add people, track new, replaced and removed contents and styles, accept and reject existing trackings, get tracking information (Premium licenses only).
- Native PHP conversion from DOCX to PDF (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- Huge performance improvement in HTML to DOCX transformations: 60% less memory used and 15% faster (average).
- New method to extract and analyze styles in the main document body: getWordStyles (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- New options in the conversion plugin based on LibreOffice: export comments (inline and margins), export form fields (structured document tags: input and select) and lossless compression.
- Added support for generating the Table of contents automatically with the conversion plugin with msword (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- HTML to DOCX: added support for custom paragraph styles in LI tags and the start attribute in ol tags, removed two notices when using PHP 7.2 or newer and solved the Font_Metrics error when using not valid fonts.
- New method to extract existing files from the DOCX: getWordFiles (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- Improved performance when generating charts: external files to create them has been moved to an internal PHP structure file.
- New styles added to createListStyle: align and position.
- Indexer now extracts people, sections information and styles of documents (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- Support for in-memory DOCX using Indexer (Premium licenses only).
- Added pageNumberType as option to addSection and modifyPageLayout methods to set page number format and start values.
- New signature of the method transformDocument.
- New option to avoid using a wrap value with Tidy to prevent extra blank spaces when transforming HTML to DOCX: disableWrapValue.
- Added to watermarkDocx a new option to force the conversion plugin based on LibreOffice showing text watermarks: add_vshapetype_tag (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- Improvements in DOCX to HTML: support for sdt tags when wrapping cell tables, added default values for margin-top and margin-bottom in the base CSS of the default plugin, supported nil as value in internal cells of tables, added support of the start attribute in lists.
- Now AES-256-CBC is used in the encryptDOCX method to get the cipher iv length.
- Updated the function to get the dpi value from PNG images.
- The enableCompatibilityMode method has been removed.
- Added an extra check to detect the image file extension in HTML to DOCX methods when the image doesn't have an extension.
- The static wordML variable in HTML2WordML has been replaced by a protected variable.
- The transformDocxUsingMSWord method has been removed from the Basic license and added as new conversion plugin with new options (Advanced and Premium licenses only).
- Updated the included version of TCPDF to the latest release.
Get phpdocx 9 today! Just go to Pricing and choose the license that best suits your business needs.
Users that would like to upgrade an old version can go to MY PHPDOCX and click UPGRADE TO on the license.
As always, users with a valid License Update Service (LUS) can download and enjoy phpdocx 9 at no cost.
Any question? Please, feel free to contact us!