PHPdocx 2.3 release notes
It is available for download (or update) the new version of PHPDocX. PHPDocX PRO 2.3 comes with lots of new features and options. Some of them have been requested while othershave been simply developed to expand the capabilities of the library.
But, What's new?
- New HTML parser, more powerful and accurate: same results as Word exporting HTML
- Now you can embed RTF and .docx documents inside another document
- Merge of HTML, RTF and .docx documents on templates
- Customized bullets on list (dot, square, empty dot)
- Support for creation of new lines
- Now you can control the spacing between lines
- Advanced management of templates (text blocks)
- Checkbox support
- Shapes and Figures (basic)
- Now you can define the number of columns in a section of the document
- Method to retrieve variables given in a document
- Improved management of the temp folder used to generate .docx documents
- PHPdocx check now if the PHP installed version is a correct one to execute the library
- New examples
Also, in PHPdocx 2.3 we add OpenOffice support. Now all the PHPdocx's generated documents are compatible with OpenOficce. Note: OpenOffice has limited support to represent some features of .docx documents.
We are working actively in some developments that will expand the connectivity of the library included a system that reads a created template, identify all variables and construct a web form to make easy the generation of documents based on templates by non technnical users. Please, if you're interested in this solution, contact us.
Some users ask for the use of PHPdocx as a service so we start to offer in the very next few days a new license that open PHPdocx to be used as Software as Service with affordable price and custom options. If you need "now" PHPdocx as SaaS, do not hesitate to contact us.
June 17, 2013We are glad to announce that last week PHPDocX hit the 15.000 worldwide installation mark!! But, of course, we hope that this only means...
May 27, 2013We are happy to announce the release of a brand new version of PHPDocX (v3.3). This new version includes some changes that greatly improve the...
March 4, 2013We are happy to announce the release of PHPDocX v3.2. This new version includes some important changes that greatly improve the PHPDocX...
February 6, 2013Since v3.0 we have included the notion of Word (or WordML) fragments to simplify the process of creating sophisticated Word documents from scratch...
January 31, 2013We are happy to announce the release of PHPDocX v3.1 This new version includes quite a few new features that you may find interesting: It is now...