Forum

Replies: 7   Views: 5041
Enterprise trial? docx to pdf needed.
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by tsmithwdd  · 01-09-2014 - 16:07

We have been using an older version (3.1) for some time now and it is integrated into our web application. We now need the ability to convert the docx files that it is generating into a PDF. However, we use addDocx quite a bit so there are many docx "altchunk" WML pieces. From what I've seen, your enterprise edition can handle that. Ideally I am not looking to do a full upgrade as I do not want to risk any changes in functionality for what already works for our site -- if we could run a newer version / tool side by side to do only the docx to PDF conversion then that would be best. Can the enterprise edition handle this type of docx to pdf conversion (on linux)? If so, is a trial available so I can test it and make sure before we buy? I can provide sample docx files that we need converted via email if desired. Thanks

Posted by admin  · 01-09-2014 - 18:22

Hello, There's no trial for the conversion plugin. But if you send us the DOCX we'll transform it to PDF and send it back. Or you can test the demo: http://www.phpdocx.com/demos/conversion-plugin-docx-into-pdf-doc-rtf-html-odt The conversion plugin doesn't handle the altchunk tags, but you can use the MultiMerge class to merge two or more DOCX and then tranform the document to PDF. Regards.

Posted by tsmithwdd  · 01-09-2014 - 19:01

Is that something that can be done with our current 3.1 version as well? If so, could you point me towards documentation on the subject? The current function on our site creates several docx files and combines them at once at the end in the order we need the pages. I did try to use mergeDocx instead of addDocx, but received an error about CreateTemplate::cleanDocument being undefined.

Posted by admin  · 02-09-2014 - 07:10

Hello, You'd need to upgrade at least to phpdocx 3.7; as you have a license you can download the package on MYPHPDOCX page after login. But to transform PDF you need to upgrade to Corporate or Enterprise license. Regards.

Posted by tsmithwdd  · 02-09-2014 - 15:05

Can I run the 4.0 corporate version side by side with our existing version , so that I don't need to worry about changing code that works with 3.1? Perhaps it can take in the list of docx files only and merge or add them together and then turn them into a PDF?

Posted by admin  · 02-09-2014 - 15:18

Hello, Phpdocx 4 has a new API, so you'd need to do changes in your code. The Corporate license allows you to mergeDocx and the transform the DOCX output to PDF. Please read this doc, that explains the class: http://www.phpdocx.com/api-documentation/docxutilities/merge-Word-documents-with-PHP Regards.

Posted by tsmithwdd  · 02-09-2014 - 17:15

Right, I was hoping I could still use the 3.1 version, and then from another folder, call the 4.0 version to take in the files starting with the merge function after they are already created... It seems like it should work...

Posted by admin  · 03-09-2014 - 06:57

Hello, Yes, that approach must work fine. Regards.