Forum

Replies: 3   Views: 4778
Path for libreoffice on mac os x 10.10.5
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by i-cre8  · 22-09-2015 - 19:55

My development environment is OS X 10.10.5 using MAMP Pro and the test site is running as the default localhost site. I have installed the corporate package and have LibreOffice 4.4.5 installed My config file looks like this: ; libreoffice or openoffice method = "libreoffice" ; libreoffice installation path, absolute path path = "/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice" when I run the following in terminal it works just fine: Davids-MBP:MacOS davidbuchholz$ ./soffice --invisible --convert-to pdf /Users/davidbuchholz/Sites/datatags-development/phpdocx_corp_5/examples/FormatConversion/transformDocument/example_text.docx but when I try to run examples/FormatConversion/transformDocument/sample_1.php in the browser I get the docx file created but then it just sits there with no pdf output Any idea what the issue could be and how to resolve ? Thanks.

Posted by i-cre8  · 22-09-2015 - 19:59

I just noticed that I get a error pop up on screen as follows: The application cannot be started. An internal error occurred. Apologies this was hidden under all the other windows that were open. Does this mean that I cannot use LibreOffice locally to test ?

Posted by i-cre8  · 22-09-2015 - 20:00

And finally when I close that error message I get the following PHP error shown on the page: Warning: rename(./example_text.pdf,example_text.pdf) [function.rename]: No such file or directory in /Users/davidbuchholz/Sites/datatags-development/phpdocx_corp_5/classes/TransformDocAdvLibreOffice.inc on line 93

Posted by admin  · 23-09-2015 - 14:11

Hello, Please follow the steps explained on: http://www.phpdocx.com/documentation/conversion-plugin/debugging-libreoffice Check that LibreOffice is not running in the background and run the included example using the PHP CLI mode. The most common issue working with a web server is that the .config folder of the web user has no rw access. Regards.