Forum

Replies: 3   Views: 3002
Openoffice
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by xonath  · 09-03-2011 - 10:36

As a designer, like I have to test for different browser that are all meant to support html in the same way, I also need to test office suites to ensure that they work the same way when opening docs.

I have installed the free version of PHPDOCX as a trial. Pre-purchasing the full version, and I want to say you wrote an amazing script I ran the examples and they did create wod docs and they do open in word.

As always their is a however. Could not get the sample docs to open in openoffice. Even upgraded to the latest version.

Any Ideas?

Kev

Posted by kentverger  · 11-04-2013 - 12:12

Hi dude, i have the same problem... but i dont think that buying the pro version will be support well openoffice docuements, that problem is between office and openoffice but you can ask to the user what is his word processor and then program two kind of scripts, one made in phpdocx and other made in OdtPhp http://www.odtphp.com/, with this you will able to offer better experience :)

Pd. sorry for my very bad english :S

Posted by admin  · 11-04-2013 - 12:12

Hi,

OpenOffice.org has some important missings about DOCX support. We hope OO next versions will have better support.

Regards.