Forum

Replies: 1   Views: 2649
File size bigger than maximum of 6.5 mb' in cryptophpdocx
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by rbardoel  · 28-02-2017 - 12:34

Dear all,

I receive an error message "File size bigger than maximum of 6.5 MB' in CryptoPHPDOCX.inc:196", the file I'm trying to encrypt is indeed larger than 6.5 Mb. Is their a reason why this limitation is set? I would really like to encrypt bigger files. Can I change this limit manually and accept performance issues?

Kind regards,

Ralf Bardoel

Posted by admin  · 28-02-2017 - 12:56

Hello,

The current version of phpdocx doesn't allow to encrypt DOCX files larger than 6.5MB. There's a warning about this limitation on:

http://www.phpdocx.com/api-documentation/cryptophpdocx/encrypt-Word-document-with-PHP

When DOCX files are bigger than 6.5MB the workflow to encrypt them is diferent (XML files are splitted instead of encrypt single files). It's not a performance limitation.

PDF files don't have this size limitation when being encrypted.

It's a work in progress to support DOCX files bigger than 6.5MB that will be available in a future version of phpdocx, but there's no release date for it yet.

Regards.