Forum

Replies: 2   Views: 2436
Winword freezing on ws2012 / msoffice2013
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by Pascal  · 02-08-2017 - 07:26

Hello,

In the scope of a server updgrade, I am testing phpdocx and DCOM subsystem on this configuration  :

• Windows Server 2012
  • IIS8
  • php5.6
  • winword 2013 (64 bits)

The tested code (via IIS/php) is the simpliest :

$MSWordInstance = new COM("word.application");

Winword is launched but freezes, and IIS/php throws this error :

Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message 'Failed to create COM object `word.application': Échec de l’exécution du serveur

In the Windows Event Logs, the folllowing messages shows up :

Le serveur {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} ne s’est pas enregistré sur DCOM avant la fin du temps imparti.

When testing this line of code via php/CLI, the scripts stops at this line (no timeout) without any message, and no further line executed.

Hence, cannot continue. As Microsoft does not recommend to run Winword in non interactive mode, I wonder if this system configuration has been tested/validated by the PHPDOCX team ?

It did run correctly on WS2003/II6/php5.2/MSoffice2010 and WS2008/II7/php5.5/MSOffice2013.

Please can you tell me if it is suppose to work ? Have you ever heard about these errors ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Posted by Pascal  · 08-09-2017 - 08:28

Just to let you knwo : it was actually a missing licence number for Office !