Forum

Replies: 3   Views: 2226
Can i read doc file if there is footnote exist?
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by mjeamosara  · 10-10-2017 - 09:20

Can I read doc file if there is footnote exist?

Because replaceVariableByWordFragment doesnt resolve my issue on retaining the footnote.

Posted by admin  · 10-10-2017 - 09:26

Hello,

You can query any content in the body document using DOCXPath. This feature is available in Advanced and Premium licenses.

Anyway, the replaceVariableByWordfragment method works perfectly to replace placeholders in existing footers when using template.

Regards.

Posted by mjeamosara  · 12-10-2017 - 02:14

im trying replaceVariableByWordFragment 

is it necessary to put $WORDFRAGMENT$ on the word file?

Posted by admin  · 12-10-2017 - 07:38

Hello,

The template methods use placeholders to replace them by new contents. You can customize the symbol that wrap the placeholders and the name of the placeholders.

If you need a more advanced solution, that doesn't require placeholders, you can use DOCXPath, but it only works for the body content.

Regards.