Forum

Replies: 6   Views: 2850
Rename error but .config folder exists and is writeable
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by dancecloud  · 28-08-2018 - 15:59

Hello folks,

I sometimes get the rename error with the conversion plugin as mentioned often in the forum. I checked the home directory of the apache user and the .config directory exists and is writeable.

I noticed, that the error only occurs (sometimes), if another user of the web application converts a docx at the same time (but not everytime). I use libreoffice with the direct method.

Any hints on that?

Posted by dancecloud  · 29-08-2018 - 07:38

Hey :) Thanks for the idea but that didn't solve the problem. As said, if I simultaneously start two conversions, only one finished successful, the other one exits with the rename error.

Do you have any ideas if there is a blocking mechanism or something with libreoffice?

Posted by dancecloud  · 29-08-2018 - 09:15

Allready tried that too. The error persists, wether i run it from cli or through apache. No errors show up in the log, soffice just quietly exits with no error.

What I found on the document foundation bugtracker was this: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37531

Although it should be fixed in the current version, my problem disappears if I set a random home directory for soffice. With removing the directory afterwards, ther is only a small impact on runtime. Maybe this helps you in some way.

Posted by dancecloud  · 29-08-2018 - 09:30

That was my first thought too but we are using 6.0.3 on development and production servers