Forum

Replies: 1   Views: 1199
How to merge "password encrypted" pdf document
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by Lucas  · 13-05-2021 - 18:43

I have a pdf document that shows as "password encrypted" by OSX under its security label. Since I can open the document without a password I imagine a more accurate description would be RO password protected. When I try to merge this document using phpdocx with another pdf document (no protection) I get the following error; TCPDF_PARSER ERROR: decodeFilterFlateDecode: invalid code. GhostScript is however able to merge the two documents without issue. Is there a way to merge the documents using phpdocx?

Posted by admin  · 13-05-2021 - 19:15

Hello,

encrypted/protected PDF documents can't be merged using the current version of phpdocx. Please check the information available on https://www.phpdocx.com/documentation/cookbook/repair-PDF about this limitation. Using gs or pdftocairo those encrypted/protected PDF documents can be repaired.

Merging protected PDF documents in mergePdf is a work in progress that is not ready to be used in production.

Regards.