Forum

Replies: 6   Views: 4315
Images on mac word
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by roydene  · 03-12-2011 - 21:02

Hi there,

I recently bought the Pro version of the software. When I run the example for inserting a image (using addTemplateVariable) I am able to view the document just fine on a Windows machine but the same file just shows nothing where the image is supposed to be. When I click where the image should be it creates a line around the image, which means that it is there, but not properly visible. The example using addTemplateImage works fine on a Mac, but the image doesn't resize according to the image that i need to insert. Please help me as my client uses a Mac :(

Kind regards,

Roy

Posted by e-medicus  · 19-02-2014 - 19:17

Hi, did you find out the solution for this?

I have just bought the pro+ version and when I insert the following code:

$this->addTemplateVariable($V$path_img . $img,'image');

When I then open the document, I can see that there should be an image, but it is not displaying the image...

I am creating the document on my local machine, which is a mac. 

I have now tried MS Word 2003 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011, for all versions the same issue.

I would be really happy if someone know why this happens...

Best Wishes

Posted by jorgelj  · 20-02-2014 - 08:59

Hello,

We're doing tests related to some minor bugs with Word on Mac, and the next version will solve them.

Regards.

Posted by jc.021286  · 09-09-2014 - 16:29

I am trying to resolve this issue as well. I was hunting down settings in the Mac versions of Office. Would you have an update on when it will be implemented? I was looking through your release notes and saw nothing mentioning this. jc

Posted by admin  · 10-09-2014 - 06:57

Hello, Please try using the trial version, it should be fixed. Regards.

Posted by jc.021286  · 10-09-2014 - 17:37

What trial version? I've installed up to phpdocx_3_7 Is there a beta release somewhere?

Posted by jc.021286  · 11-09-2014 - 04:44

I got the trial version, and see that the wordFragments fix the issue where a generic image can be inserted into a word document and is visible to Mac users. A lot of things changed and will require a full rewrite of our template... I am getting other errors though when trying to dynamically load images into a table. I'll upgrade to the trial version from the pro if we can ensure that this will be working properly. I've started up another thread for current issues. As it stands, phpdocx 4.0 does appear to have resolved image display issues for Mac users by switching to the WordFragments. Thank you,