Forum

Replies: 5   Views: 3364
Readonly file
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by pks  · 21-02-2012 - 23:48

When using createDocxAndDownload() I get a readonly file in browser. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? The problem is that since it's readonly I cannot edit content with Open Office until I save a copy, which is not very nice. Any suggestions?

Posted by admin  · 11-04-2013 - 12:13

Hello,

Seems you're opening DOCX files using a temp directory, so the file is in read mode; this is the same as when you open DOC, TXT, RTF...; just first save the document on disk an then open it.

Regards.

Posted by pks  · 11-04-2013 - 12:13

So what you're saying is to avoid createDocxAndDownload ? To use the normal save, then after it's written to open it?

Posted by pks  · 11-04-2013 - 12:13

Any clarifications on this? I need to dump a report directly in the browser so client can open it (no saving) and to be also able to edit.

Posted by admin  · 11-04-2013 - 12:13

Hello,

The problem is not related to phpdocx but how OpenOffice works (and other suites) and your machine config. The same situation happens on my machine too, using OpenOffice or LibreOffice and downloading any doc

Regards.