Forum

Replies: 9   Views: 3899
Merging documents with adddocx - wrong list numbering
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by fonfi  · 28-01-2013 - 10:47

Hello,
I have following problem. I use PhpDOCX (v3.0 PRO) to generate mail merge documents using docx templates, and addDOCX method. Everything works great, but the numbered lists are numbered wrong - example:

I have a list in my template with points 1,2,3,4. I expect that after merging all multiple files generated from template, I obtain one file, with multiple pages, where lists are numbered starting from 1 on each page. However in the output file, the lists numbering is continuous: on page 1: 1,2,3,4, on page 2: 5,6,7,8, etc

Please help me to solve this problem.

Posted by admin-phpdocx  · 11-04-2013 - 12:13

Hello, This issue is solved in dev version so the next release of PHPDocX will solve the problem. Regards.

Posted by nyxsoftware  · 11-04-2013 - 12:13

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you find a workaround or did you fix it ?

Thanks

By
saverio

Posted by nyxsoftware  · 11-04-2013 - 12:13

hello,

I have the same problem. I need it as soon as possible. Do you plan the date of next release ?

Thank you so much

Bye

Posted by rcelle  · 13-09-2013 - 16:45

But in version 3.3 is resolved?

Posted by jake  · 04-06-2015 - 08:46

Hi, I'm using version 4.5 and I'm still having the same problem. I am merging docxs and when merging, my number format should be: - 1.6 - 1.6.1 - 1.6.2 - 1.7 - 1.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.2.2 instead of 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 I am getting 1.6.3 and 1.6.4. This is an issue that seems to have been solved a couple of years ago, so what's the way to solve it? Thanks

Posted by admin  · 04-06-2015 - 09:11

Hello, To do this you need to use the mergeDocx method (http://www.phpdocx.com/api-documentation/docxutilities/merge-Word-documents-with-PHP), available in Corporate and Enterprise licenses. The old addDocx method (replaced by addExternalFile in phpdocx 4), uses the Word altchunk tag that doesn't preserve some styles and content properties. The mergeDocx uses a new MultiMerge class to do the merges perfectly. Using addExternalFile you can set matchSource as false to don't preserve the styles and use the included in the base DOCX. Regards.

Posted by jake  · 05-06-2015 - 07:52

Hi admin, Thanks for the response. We have the Corporate License and this is actually happening with the method mergeDocx: I couldn't use the addExternalFile method as this one even though it respects de format it erases all the styles, and I needed them in order to update the TOC. I expected the mergeDocx function to respect the upper indention of the numbering instead following it's same indention of previus parts; I have tried also setting the 'numbering' parameter of the funciont to both 'continue' and 'restart', having the same behavious for both. I know that I have written down correctly as the parameter 'mergeType' is working well. Shoud I open a new Topic with this matter?

Posted by admin  · 05-06-2015 - 10:33

Hello, Yes, please open a new post. Also please send the DOCX your're merging to contact[at]phpdocx.com and we'll check it. Regards.

Posted by admin  · 09-06-2015 - 11:37

Hello, The issue was in the template. The template was forcing a default heading style. Regards.