Forum

Replies: 5   Views: 3337
Doc to docx. question
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by dcgreatrex  · 26-01-2014 - 13:31

Hi PHPdocx,

I have currently installed phpdocx pro trial and am willing to purchase the pro+ edition on the basis that is is able to do one additional functionality.

Is it possible to convert a .doc file to .docx? I do not have access to the server in order to install OO or libreoffice in order to do this. In a previous post you mentioned to another user that it is possible with the use of a macro and gave the following link:

http://www.phpdocx.com/api-documentation/layout-and-general/imports-macro-Word-document-with-PHP

As I am unfamiliar with this funtion do you have any sample code to demonstrate how to complete this function so that I can test it on my domain before purchasing? If not code, then could you please provide more descriptive instructions?

Best.

David

Posted by jorgelj  · 27-01-2014 - 09:24

Hello,

You have two options to transform DOC to DOCX:

· Use a macro, but this do the transformation after the document is opened with Word. It runs the macro and transform the document.

· Use the conversion plugin, but you need a server where you can install the program. This is the recommended solution.

Regards.

Posted by dcgreatrex  · 27-01-2014 - 11:43

Hi,

Thank you for the advice. I will look into gaining server access and then go down the route of conversion plug-in.

Thanks for your advice.

Best

Posted by kinguk  · 01-03-2014 - 13:54

So which version do I need to purchase to be able to convert doc to docx?

Posted by jorgelj  · 03-03-2014 - 09:18

Hello,

You need the conversion plugin that is included in PRO+, Corporate and Enterprise versions. The license depends on your domain and server.

Regards.