Forum

Replies: 3   Views: 3626
Multiple merges - pagination is being dropped
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by cdalzell  · 22-05-2014 - 06:12

Using PRO+, i merge 2 one page documents with forced page break between them; works fine.

If I merge that newly created document with another one page document, the page break between the first 2 pages disappears!

require_once '../libraries/PHPDocX/classes/DocxUtilities.inc';

$newDocx = new DocxUtilities();

$options = array('mergeType' => 1, 'enforceSectionPageBreak' => true, 'numbering' => 'restart');

$newDocx->mergeDocx('LSBRPNotice.docx', 'WageReqts.docx', 'merged.docx', $options);

$newDocx->mergeDocx('CoverPage.docx', 'merged.docx', 'merged2.docx', $options);

Is there something I need to do to preserve the pagination? I plan on merging a large number of document sections from separate word docx files to generate custom documents based upon selection of pages from a library.

Thanks

Colin

Posted by cdalzell  · 23-05-2014 - 17:34

Any help here is appreciated otherwise the purchase was all for naught.

Thanks

Colin

Posted by jorgelj  · 23-05-2014 - 20:19

Hello,

Please refer to the documentation:

http://www.phpdocx.com/api-documentation/docxutilities/merge-Word-documents-with-PHP

That describes the included features.

These are the preserves, as described in the documentation:

styles,

images,

charts,

lists,

footnotes and endnotes,

comments and

sections with their corresponding headers and footers (optional).

Regards.