Forum

Replies: 1   Views: 3958
Conversion to pdf: poor results using openoffice
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by blocked-falcana-blocked  · 05-06-2014 - 16:26

I'm trying to convert docx templates to pdf on a Linux server using OpenOffice ("transformDocument()" method of new phpdocx 4). The template includes a table in the header. When converted, this table is positioned completely worng, the resulting pdf is unusable. I tried many things, but couldn't get a result as expected. On the test server, wich is running Windows + MS Word, the converted odf is perfect. I understand, that OpenOffice doesn't work 100% as MS Word does, but my question is how to solve the issue? Can the conversion result with OpenOffice be improved? If not, is there an online service (API) running on a windows server, where the docx can be sent to and a pdf is returned? Thanks for your suggestions.

Posted by admin  · 06-06-2014 - 07:24

Hello, The conversion plugin returns really good output using OdfConverter and OpenOffice, but it lose some content like tables in headers and footers. The solution to this is to avoid using complex tables in the header and footer, or use .the transformDocxUsingMSWord method in a Windows server with Word. The conversion plugin is improved on each new release of phpdocx. Regards.