Forum

Replies: 7   Views: 4398
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting t_ns_separator
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by wbdvlpr  · 07-10-2014 - 11:56

Hi, Please have a look at this error below - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting T_NS_SEPARATOR in /var/www/myproject/phpdocx/classes/cCreateDocx.inc on line 366 The same code was working fine on our old server but it has stopped working on our new server. Any ideas what is going wrong here? Thanks

Posted by admin  · 07-10-2014 - 12:08

Hello, What version of phpdocx are you using? Regards.

Posted by wbdvlpr  · 07-10-2014 - 12:30

Hello Where can I find the version? I have a folder named phpdocx and sub-folders as below- phpdocx phpdocx/build phpdocx/classes phpdocx/excel phpdocx/examples Thanks

Posted by admin  · 07-10-2014 - 14:34

Hello, There should be a README or release note, or in the phpdoc of the CreateDocx class. Regards.

Posted by wbdvlpr  · 07-10-2014 - 14:50

Hello Admin I am sorry but README or release note files are missing. I am just working on some other developer's code. I had a look at cCreateDocx.inc file in the phpdocx/classes folder, the top of the file has this header info block only : /** * @author 2mdc.com * @version */ The files are dated April, 2010 - does this help to find the version? Or is there any other method to find the version? thank you

Posted by admin  · 08-10-2014 - 09:02

Hello, The first versions of phpdocx used a constant called NAMESPACE that conflicts with PHP 5.3 or higher. So we recommend you to upgrade your phpdocx version. Regards.

Posted by wbdvlpr  · 08-10-2014 - 12:27

Hello Admin, Yes, we are using PHP 5.3 on the newer server and the older one had PHP 5.2 Is there any "fix" we can apply without having to degrade to php 5.2? Thank you.

Posted by admin  · 08-10-2014 - 18:13

Hello, No, there's no patch. You need to download the phpdocx 3.7 or upgrade to a phpdocx 4. Regards.