Forum

Replies: 3   Views: 3532
Error merge documents on windows
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by lafonso  · 11-12-2014 - 13:22

I´m running phpdocx on a server with windows 2003 and iis. Running check.php it says that all requirements are OK. I´m running the last corporate version of phpdocx (4.1). I made a test script wich create 5 files and merge this 5 files into one new called resultado.docx As i can see resultado.docx have only the fisrt content. I also generate a file called resultado.docx.a03220 and resultado.docx.b03220. If i rename those files to docx i can see it has the correct word document with all the the content of the five files. Running this same script testing on apache gives me the correct result and the file resultado.docx have all the five files content merged correctly. Is there any bug with merge docx on windows/iis?

Posted by admin  · 11-12-2014 - 13:35

Hello, What PHP handler are you using? We strongly recommend to use FastCGI instead of ASAPI. Regards.

Posted by lafonso  · 11-12-2014 - 17:23

we are using fastcgi. I tryed to generate the final merge on c:\windows\temp\MY_FILE.docx and IT WORKS!!! So you can think thats a permission problem. But on the same directory on i tryed to write before e get the error, my application writes all the 5 temporary files and all the final files with the error i explain on my post. the merge proccess need some especial permission with some especial user?

Posted by admin  · 12-12-2014 - 07:34

Hello, No, the merging class doesn't need any special user. It should works if the user has rw access to the folder, but we'll do some tests. Regards.