Forum

Replies: 5   Views: 3667
Replacechartdata only replacing existing data
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by tech@hurdman.ca  · 08-01-2015 - 19:41

Hi, I have a chart that has four data points, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. However, the live table may or may start in any year, and go for any number of years, anywhere from 1 to 100. However, when I try to use the ReplaceChartData method, it seems to only replace the data points that exist on the X axis. Is there any way to put all of the data in? If I manually edit the data, then I can put all of it in.

Posted by admin  · 19-01-2015 - 12:45

Hello, The included example changes the values of an existing chart, adding values and contents. Please send to contact[at]phpdocx.com a script we can run to check your issue. Regards.

Posted by tech@hurdman.ca  · 27-01-2015 - 18:40

I have sent a script that I am using to figure out how to use it. It is closely based on sample_1.php for replaceChartData.

Posted by tech@hurdman.ca  · 05-02-2015 - 15:03

OK, so as per my e-mail conversation, it is only existing data points that can be replaced, no less, and no more. If the original chart has 50 data points, the replaceChartData must be passed an array with 50 data points. I have solved the problem I was facing, albeit in a slightly imperfect way, but it will do. However, I cannot figure out how to replace the names of the data points. Even passing in an array with named data points, as in addChart, the names are not replaced. I have dealt with this by not displaying names, which will work, but does anybody know how to replace the data point names?

Posted by tech@hurdman.ca  · 26-03-2015 - 20:16

Is there any update on this? It would be very helpful to be able to update the x-axis labels (A.K.A. the data point names), and I am not aware of any changes. Anybody know if it is possible to do this yet?

Posted by admin  · 27-03-2015 - 07:54

Hello, There's no updates about this method. If you're interested in a custom development please write to contact[at]phpdocx.com. Regards.