Forum

Replies: 4   Views: 3970
Addsection 'oddpage' does not create a blank page when needed
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by Greg Sims  · 03-02-2015 - 16:44

I am using addSection to cause a page break to an odd numbered page. This is useful when starting a new chapter of a book. $docx->addSection('oddPage', 'A4',$layout); In this case the new section does start on an odd page so this portion is working. We're having problems using addSection in that a blank page is not created as a result of the page break. The Introduction begins on page 3. Then we issue an addSection for the first chapter. This results in the first chapter starting on page 5 -- all good. The problem is the resulting document does not contain a page 4 -- it skips directly from page 3 to page 5. I hope we will be able to use addSection instead of keeping track of the page numbering in php.

Posted by admin  · 04-02-2015 - 08:44

Hello, Please try adding a page break using this method: http://www.phpdocx.com/api-documentation/word-content/insert-line-column-page-break-Word-document-with-PHP before or after you add a new section. Regards.

Posted by Greg  · 04-02-2015 - 15:05

Hi There, Thank you for your feedback on this topic. I tried what you suggested but we did not obtain the desired result. $docx->addBreak(array('type' => 'page')); The line above will add a page break to the document. It does this without regard to if the break will take the document to an Odd or Even page. This is the purpose of a section break with Even or Odd specified as you can see here: https://support.office.microsoft.com/en-us/article/Insert-a-section-break-eef20fd8-e38c-4ba6-a027-e503bdf8375c?CorrelationId=d3db5959-5b95-4479-b865-878c6de3fe3c&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US Do you have the ability to recreate the problem? Greg

Posted by admin  · 05-02-2015 - 10:21

Hello, Please send us a document with the result of what you are expecting to generate with phpdocx, in order to trying to replicate it with the library. You may send it to contact@phpdocx.com Regards

Posted by Greg  · 06-02-2015 - 20:56

I just sent a recreate script as requested. Greg