Forum

Replies: 3   Views: 3829
Create from odt template ?
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by jdespatis  · 26-02-2015 - 11:50

Hello, I need to create a document from a template in order to convert it in PDF afterwards So, I've started with a docx, but the conversion to PDF is really bad As a result, I've created a template in OpenOffice, an .odt, but now I don't find in the API the method to create a document from an ODT Template Indeed, I'd like the equivalent of the \CreateDocxFromTemplate($file) for an odt template, does it exist ? Thanks for your feedback (I own the 4.1 Enterprise version)

Posted by admin  · 26-02-2015 - 12:06

Hello, Please send to contact@phpdocx.com the DOCX to check it. Almost all documents are converted perfectly. About ODT, phpdocx works with DOCX not ODT. Using the conversion plugin you can export to ODT, but no use this document format. Regards.

Posted by jdespatis  · 27-02-2015 - 08:25

Ok thanks so .docx is the only source, let's keep with it "Almost all documents are converted perfectly", if only it was really true :) The fact is we use intensively the pdf convertor, and yes it's ok with simple .docx, but lot of problems with complex .docx... But it's not your fault, the .docx we use is perfect when opened with Microsoft Word, but the layout changes if we open it with OpenOffice The fact is we use the converter on Linux, so OpenOffice is the converter... (I guess it would be perfect if we were on Windows, as Microsoft Word would be the converter) I contact the support, maybe they'll be able to tell us what to avoid to do in a .docx

Posted by admin  · 27-02-2015 - 08:32

Hello, Did you try the new phpdocx 4.5 plugin that uses LibreOffice? It works perfectly with Linux. Please send us the DOCX to check it. Regards.