Forum

Replies: 5   Views: 3653
Line height not working correctly in google doc
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by rahul@dexteroustechnologies.co.in  · 20-03-2015 - 08:15

I'm generating a doc file.We're having an issue with line height,line-height working perfectly in Libra-office and open office but not seems to work in Google doc and Microsoft office. Here is my sample code. $docx = new CreateDocxFromTemplate('APA.docx'); $html1.= ''; $html .= '

simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.

'; $html .= ''; $docx->replaceVariableByHTML('BODY', 'block', $html); $docx->createDocxAndDownload('example_replaceTemplateVariableByHTML_1'); Please help me out. Thanks,

Posted by admin  · 20-03-2015 - 08:44

Hello, What version and license are you using? The line-height works perfectly with MS Word. About Google Doc (Drive), its support for DOCX is very limited. Regards.

Posted by rahul@dexteroustechnologies.co.in  · 20-03-2015 - 09:11

Thanks for quick reply. Actually i am going to purchase license,But currently i am working in trail version. When i opened the same downloaded docx file in open office its works perfectly, but google drive taking much space after each line as i had set line height 24(double spacing). I'm also trying to set paragraph line spacing in template,but its not working at all. Looking forward to hear you again, Thanks,

Posted by admin  · 20-03-2015 - 09:13

Hello, Google Drive has a lot of issues working with DOCX and other document formats, so it's not officially supported by phpdocx. Issues like the one you describe and many others may appear working with Google Drive. Regards.

Posted by rahul@dexteroustechnologies.co.in  · 20-03-2015 - 09:18

Hello, So,Is there is any alternate way to assign line-height as per as my code compatibility.

Posted by admin  · 20-03-2015 - 10:32

Hello, We'd need to check it directly with Google Drive. Sorry but the trial version doesn't include this kind of support. Regards.