Forum

Replies: 4   Views: 3379
Addtemplateimage not working
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by mbcalvin  · 02-10-2012 - 19:48

Hello,
I am trying to dynamically change an image in my template. I have added a placeholder image and right-clicked, went to the web tab, and added my tag to the alt text.

My directory structure is root/site/index.php and my images are at root/public/images/pharmacy_logos/image.jpg, and here is the code I am using:

[code]
require $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']. "/public/phpdocx/classes/CreateDocx.inc";

error_reporting(E_STRICT);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

$data = array('employee'=> $employee->get_full_name(), 'date' => date('m/d/Y'), 'department'=>ucwords(strtolower($employee->get_department_name()))); //these are constant values
$docx = new CreateDocx(); //instantiates document object for use on subsequent pages.
$url = explode('/',req('q'));
$template = $url[count($url)-1]; //This give me the template name properly
$filename = $employee->get_employee_id() . $template;
$docx->addTemplate(DOC_LOCATION . '/templates/' . $template . ".docx"); //set the word doc template
$docx->setTemplateSymbol('~'); //use the ~ as the variable delimiter because $ is used in some templates
$docx->setDefaultFont('Century Gothic');
$vars = $docx->getTemplateVariables(); //get the defined variables on the template

$docx->addTemplateImage('logo', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/public/images/pharmacy_logos/29.jpg'); //this is statically set for testing

foreach ($vars['document'] as $k => $v) //compare the template variables to the keys of the data array
{
if (array_key_exists($v, $data))
{
//echo "setting $v to " . $data[$v] . '<br />';
$docx->addTemplateVariable($v, $data[$v], array());
}
}

$docx->createDocxAndDownload($filename);
[/code]

everything is working perfectly except for the image swapping. Additionally, I tried to use your image example and it worked, so it is not a server problem. Do I need to do more than just add the tag to the alt-text or something?