Forum

Replies: 14   Views: 4693
Generatepdf / transformdocx
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by davidgsd  · 01-02-2013 - 12:02

We are currently working on a project that will take an existing .docx file from the server and from there create a PDF version.

Using the method generatePDF we can produce a PDF from the .docx without issue, however we are then prompted to open or save. We need the file to be created on the server which I would think you would use the transformDOCX method.

The first issue is that the transformDOCX method produces nothing, no error, no file and if I wrap an IF statement around it to test it always returns false.

[code]
ini_set("memory_limit","500M");

require_once '../../phpdocx/classes/TransformDoc.inc';
require_once '../../phpdocx/classes/CreateDocx.inc';

$docx = new CreateDocx();
$docx->enableCompatibilityMode();

if($docx->transformDocx('example_text.docx', 'example_text.pdf')) {
echo "success";
} else {
echo "fail";
}
[/code]

The existing file is 777 permissions and even if I use the example provided wherein the document is created first the .docx document is created fine but still no PDF and again no error.

We are using the PRO version, any ideas where to start looking at this?