Forum

Replies: 10   Views: 3540
Speed issue
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by i-cre8  · 24-09-2015 - 21:09

I have 2 test subdomains set-up, one replicating our live site using ver3.3 Corporate and a second with the new ver5 corporate upgrade that I purchased the other day. version 3.3 the process: Create 17 docx files from a template, convert each of them to a pdf using libreoffice in headless mode and then join the pdf's together using a library called PDFMerger This takes on average 19 seconds version 5 the process: Create the same 17 docx files from the same template, merge them using the mergeDocx function and then use the conversion plugin to turn this merged file into a pdf This takes on average 32 seconds I am using the same data to create these files so I assumed that the latest version would be as quick if not quicker than my existing code, any ideas on why this should not be the case ?