Forum

Replies: 10   Views: 3540
Speed issue
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by i-cre8  · 25-09-2015 - 12:00

Hi, libreoffice is installed on the server, actually at one of your staff's suggestion, and I use this outside of the phpdocx conversion on the live server So to be more precise on the live site using ver3.3 I create the docx files using PHPDocx and then another php file converts them to pdf as a separate process like so: ## set command $myCommand = '/usr/bin/libreoffice --headless --nologo --convert-to pdf /usr/www/users/***********/_plugins/site-pages/public/tags-pages/temp/'.$_SESSION['clientSlug'].$_SESSION['i8_UniqueKey'].'tag_*.docx --outdir /usr/www/users/***********/_plugins/site-pages/public/tags-pages/temp'; ## create pdf's exec($myCommand,$output); foreach($output as $line){ print $line . "\r\n"; } and then I merge them using an external library I don't have access to OpenOffice on the server unfortunately but as your suggestion I will do some testing on the individual steps and come back to you with the results. ON your last point interestingly the whole process was slower still creating individual pdf's via the transform method and then merging the pdf's when I tested last night but again I will benchmark the steps. Thanks