Forum

Replies: 20   Views: 10708
Greek and hebrew
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by shroom  · 16-11-2015 - 21:04

I stupidly registered with my Yahoo email address as my username, and cannot change it....   So I deleted the original post and reregistered..   I see that even when you delete a post, the username for the deleted post still shows up.  Oh well.  Is it possible for a moderator to completely delete the remnants of that post?

Anyway, here's the original post:

I am experimenting with the trial version of PHPDocx.  We have a website that has some Greek and Hebrew words in it, like this:

The Hebrew word “man,” ish(#0376 [legit Hebrew word])....

The Greek word is epithumia (#1939 [legit Greek word]), and...

When I paste this HTML in the online demo, the Word doc that is generated displays these characters correctly.  On the test page I'm working on, they're coming out as:

The Hebrew word “man,” ish(#0376 Ã—ÂÂִיש×ÂÂ)....

The Greek word is epithumia (#1939 Ã¡Â¼ÂÂÀιθÃÂÂÂ…ÃŽ¼á½·ÃŽ±), and...

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure out what it is.  In phpdocxconfig.ini, I have tried seting encode_to_UTF8  to both 'true' and 'false', no difference.  I have also tried including "<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />".

What am I missing?

Thanks