Forum

Replies: 6   Views: 1335
How to selectively add to multimerge
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by cem  · 29-10-2020 - 22:03

Hello,

We have phpdocx Premium license and I'm trying to see if there is a way to handle when a doc may or may not exist and then add to the array and also in the correct order.The issue is there will always be a body doc that gets created, then there may or may not be a cover doc and there may or may not be a back cover doc.  I've been testing a few ways and seem to get errors if I try to set an empty array for the 2 optional docs or even just an empty string as placeholder so it doesn't error.  below is some psuedo code.

Essentially, is there a way to do a final output createDocx from an already assembled merged array of docs?

I thought it would be ideal to handle the insertion inside a statement that already does the test for whether or not we need the file/page.  i use array_push and tried array_unshift but that just gives an error about zip extraction or similar. then i tried to use if statements to either merge or not merge but the createdocx() just pulls whatever was the last doc created in-stream it seems. 

Is there a way to either do the merge selectively and then just create a doc from the already merged array of docs or a way to add docs in a specific order?  i looked at mergeDocxAt but that creates an output doc and I only want the output doc at the very end of testing for all needed docs/building the array.  If i test for only one or the other and do a ton of if/else i still could potentially not have the correct order/array needed. 
Thank you for any help or suggestions! 
Renee

if (!empty($ending_doc_file)) {
          $docx = new CreateDocxFromTemplate($doc_file);
          $last_doc = $docx->createDocx();
          array_push($doc_arr, $last_doc); //this way the last doc is already in the array but the problem is now i can't output this merged array as the output doc I guess.
      }

if (!empty($first_doc_file)) {
          $docx = new CreateDocxFromTemplate($another_file);
          $first_doc = $docx->createDocx(); // create file
      }

CreateDocx::$returnDocxStructure = false;

$merge = new MultiMerge();

if ( (!empty($first_doc)) || (!empty($last_doc)) ) {
        $merge = new MultiMerge();
        $merge->mergeDocx($first_doc, $doc_arr, $final_path.$doc_title, array());
      } else {
        $docx->CreateDocx($final_path.$doc_title); //if I default to this, the potential “last doc†is missing because it’s not in the doc-array above.
      }