Forum

Replies: 2   Views: 2606
Create editable fields in the pdf
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by gesforma  · 05-09-2018 - 22:10

Hello,

I do not know if phpdocx allows to create from a word form, a pdf that when opened allows the user to include the data in the form.

I have been looking at the help documentation, and although I have seen options on how to transform a word form into pdf, I have not found any reference to how to create editable fields in the pdf.

Thank you very much

Posted by admin  · 06-09-2018 - 08:37

Hello,

There's no way to generate PDF fillable forms using phpdocx. You can generate DOCX forms (https://www.phpdocx.com/documentation/cookbook/create-docx-forms), but the transformation to PDF shows their values not as editable fields.

We move the request to the dev team to consider adding support.

Regards.

Posted by gesforma  · 06-09-2018 - 16:30

Hello,

Thank you very much for responding so quickly.

It would be great to have this option.

We use Phpdocx in our ERP to generate pdf from templates customized by users in .docx format.

Until now, we only offered the possibility of downloading the document filled in .docx, thanks to its library we can offer the download also in .pdf :)

Many of these documents include form fields for final clients to complete.
It would be great if, in generating the .pdf, Phpdocx was able to know that there is an editable text form field, and respected it, so that when the document is opened the end user could fill it in directly in the program.

In this way, we would avoid having to print it to fill in, and then scan again to send it back.

Greetings and congratulations for all your work!!