Forum

Replies: 5   Views: 3931
Compatibility mode
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by seb  · 17-02-2015 - 10:04

Hi, Is it normal that all docx documents created with phpdocx are displayed in Word's 'Compatibility Mode'? This causes some issues when saving the document in Word as a docx. This seems wrong as I though phpdocx was supposed to output true native docx files? Thank you for your help on this, Seb

Posted by admin  · 17-02-2015 - 10:57

Hello, Phpdocx generates true native DOCX. Maybe you're running Word in compatibility mode by default? Or your Word is opening the documents downloaded from Internet using the default mode. Regards.

Posted by seb  · 17-02-2015 - 11:41

Thanks for the reply. I'm not running Word in compatibility mode by default. I'm not sure what you mean by the download in default mode. Is it possible to change the compatibility mode or turn it off through phpdocx?

Posted by admin  · 17-02-2015 - 13:38

Hello, Sorry, I meant ' compatibility mode', not 'default mode'. Phpdocx supports DOCX from Word 2003 to the latest version. So for compatibility, some old tags could be used, for example the base template. You can read more info on: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/turn-off-compatibility-mode-in-word-2010/50e50658-31b3-4ebe-821e-f2f46ce5cd0e In phpdocx you can use your own base temp and set it in the main construct or in the Phpdocx_config.ini file. Regards.

Posted by seb  · 17-02-2015 - 14:17

I see. So the base template is already in compatibility mode, which is probably why all my documents are generated in compatibility mode? Are you able to provide a base template that isn't in compatibility mode? I tried this but it caused errors. (version 3.5 didn't have this problem, only now in 4.5 corporate) Thanks, Seb

Posted by admin  · 17-02-2015 - 14:54

Hello, We have added a task to the roadmap to add new base templates, but until a next release that add them the only official template is the included within the package. Phpdocx 4 was the first version that included a base template. Regards.