Forum

Replies: 2   Views: 863
Docx created is identified as html in docusign
Topic closed:
Please note this is an old forum thread. Information in this post may be out-to-date and/or erroneous.
Every phpdocx version includes new features and improvements. Previously unsupported features may have been added to newer releases, or past issues may have been corrected.
We encourage you to download the current phpdocx version and check the Documentation available.

Posted by CarlEOgden  · 30-07-2021 - 09:50

Hi

In my Laravel system we create docx files (which seem fine). We now want to be able to send the docx to DocuSign to then be offered to our clients so they can electronically sign the document (a contract for example).

Whilst doing this, we had issues and asked Docusign for additional help, the issue we had was that the DocuSign system considers the document not a docx but a html. They open in Word without any issue!

What I need to be able to do, is create the document but for it to be classed as a docx and not html.

Any ideas of how to do this?

Cheers
Carl.

Posted by admin  · 30-07-2021 - 13:46

Hello,

Please check the information available on https://www.phpdocx.com/en/forum/default/topic/2082. phpdocx uses PHP ZipArchive to generate DOCX documents (a DOCX is ZIP file). Sorry, but we don't know why DocuSign doesn't identify the DOCX documents correctly (an HTML is a plain file and a DOCX is a ZIP file), we recommend you to check the code you are using to send the document to DocuSign, maybe your code can send a mime-type (Content-Type) to set the document type so they can identify it as a DOCX document. On https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36569088/unable-to-upload-word-document-using-docusign-rest-api you can find a very similar question, although, with C#, that needs setting Content-Type and FileExtenstion to get DocuSign to work correctly.

Regards.

Posted by CarlEOgden  · 30-07-2021 - 14:08

Thank you for your reply, I will investigate further.

Regards
Carl.